Pre-visualisation


I decided to do a quick Pre-Vis to show my idea and to give it a better understanding. I started by making a rough production design which you can see in 'Fig. 1.' I used cubes and expanded them into what I wanted them to look like. In addition I added more faces onto the cube and extracted them, which I then used for animation. I then added some lighting and started creating the character and rigging it. After creating the scene I decided to create a box to make it look like the space I imagined (as shown in Fig.2)

I am happy with how it looks as it is close to how I imagined it would be. I was mostly surprised that I did all this in under 6 hours which was satisfying. What I would like to improve is; by making the space brighter, having no corners, expanding the set as it was too small, brighter stars. Overall, this helped me understand my capabilities and helped me understand more of the mise-en-scene.










Fig.1 - Rough Production Design 

Fig.2 - Behind the scene

Fig.3 - Roughly rigged character

Comments

Popular Posts