30/10/2019



Fig. 1

 I started the day drawing seven poses using different techniques, For example; the light blue drawing. I was only allowed to use ten lines to portray a figure that defined the pose. We had two to five minutes to draw the seven poses. I decided to use different colours to make it eye-catching. I used fine lines to connect them to other drawings connoting movement. I thought this was helpful as it gave me different ideas on how to do quick sketches.



Fig. 2

This was something different from how I approach things as I played with the lighting and technique that I do not use often. Used a black crayon scribbling lightly on where the body would be positioned, after that, I scribbled over the lines to sharpen the darkness to create an outline. This was impressive and challenging as it was hard to control the lines and make it look like a human. Everyone was interested in how different it looks when looking at it from a close and far perspective. This is because the closer you were the more it looked just like scribbles, however the further you were the more you could see the human in the scribbles.
Overall, this was successful and if I was to do this again, I would make the drawing bigger and draw more details on the body.



Fig. 3

I seem to be an expressionist when it comes to life drawing as shown in ‘Fig.3.’ I decided to draw the model and have more fun with the lines and see where it would take me. For example; the chair is elongated, the body is in different proportions and has seemed to make the colourful shadows bounce off the body. This drawing is based on the model sitting on a chair whilst the lights on the floor are facing her.
This was an interesting experimentation with lines. Next time I might choose doing the same technique however make the model realistic whilst the props are expressed in that method.


Comments

Popular Posts