Research

Carbon Cycle


My chosen ‘Bioscientific Scenario’ is the Carbon Cycle. I perfectly understood the plant cycle and decided to go with that scenario, I even had many ideas on how to approach this task. However, since I understood the two scenarios (the Plant cycle and the Cardiac system) I decided to go with the Carbon Cycle, which was a little challenging for me, but I was able to get my head around it when doing enough research.

I have decided to go with the beginning of the Carbon cycle; starting with presenting the molecules and what Carbon Dioxide (Co2) is, representing the photosynthesis stage, then a short briefing on how living things affect the carbon cycle (decomposition).

If I have enough time, I might be able to talk about the fossilisation and how the combustion is the last of the cycle, which then goes around representing the ‘Carbon Cycle.’
Art Style


Since my audience is age 14 to 15 I started looking at simple shapes and sophisticated shapes. This then made me look at the film ‘despicable me,’ for the reason that the style of art is exaggerated however still looks like a complex shape. There is a lot to learn about the Carbon Cycle so using the periodic table and the drawings of molecules the viewers will be able to grasp how a molecule should look and be drawn like.

I was thinking of having my scene take place on a farm or a place full of nature most importantly close to water to be able to represent respiration and photosynthesis.
Character Influence Map

As you can see I mostly chose to look at minions and less of a human figured shape. The reason for this is for the characters to create a comedic atmosphere in the scene so that the viewers watching this will not be sleeping however entertained whilst being educated. In doing so, this will make a scene memorable in their mind.

I looked at exaggerated animals and insects as well. There are too many things to explain in the ‘Carbon Cycle’ meaning I should be wise and useless characters.

Environment Influence Map


Going back to what I said before which was “thinking of having my scene take place on a farm or a place full of nature most importantly close to water.” I decided to stick with the farm, however, the scene will only have grass, trees, water and a factory as the background.

My influence map helped me realise I could have a picnic going on in the scene whilst all the ‘Carbon Cycle’ is going on around the scene. The Picnicking will also be a big part of the ‘Carbon Cycle’ as we have the human, food, and animal representing the cholesterol and decaying, and most important of all that the molecules are made of carbon and that we are part of this cycle.

Comments

Popular Posts