Thumbnails 1 - 80

Summary – When looking at Angie Lewin’s work I understood all her intentions are about; environments, plants, insects and mostly nature. I started looking at the texture of these things I listed that influenced her and how they work, for example, plants used for respiration or fuel. I wanted to go deeper into finding how the buildings or city would look like. For this, I started doing little researches on how she created her art pieces. I was fascinated by how she cuts wood into so much detail and dips it in ink before printing it on the page. This gave me an idea of the city. Bringing all my researches together I had an idea of making buildings look flexible however have a wooden texture, these buildings will be supported by wood or trees. I started doing thumbnails to make my ideas clearer.









Buildings - They still have the characteristics of Angie Lewin for example; Angie Lewin's flowers are always reaching for the sun as you can see so does my buildings. Looking at how she handcrafts wood into beautiful flowers or objects I made the buildings look stylised and flexible.
For my thumbnails, I am going to cover the buildings in ivy and a little mold to create a more realistic nature environment.

Comments

Popular Posts